My God IS....
Loving: The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved you with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn you. Jer 31:3
Loyal: [People] may forget, but I will not forget you. See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me. Isa. 49:15b-16
Gracious:The LORD longs to be gracious to you; He rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for Him! Isa. 30:18
Our God is gracious. Ps. 116:5
Forgiving: "If we confess our sins, He is FAITHFUL and JUST to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness!" 1 John 1:9
All-Powerful:But our God is in the heavens: he has done whatever he has pleased. Ps. 115:3
Whatsoever the Lord pleased, that did He in heaven and in earth, in the seas, and all deep places. Ps. 135:6
Desirous of my Good: All things work together for the good of those that love God and are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28
My God is NOT...
Not Confusion: For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace. I Cor. 14: 35
Not a Respecter of Persons: For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 2:11
Not a Tempter: Let no man say that he is tempted of God for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempts he any man. James 1:13
Not a Liar: In hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised before the world began. Titus 1:2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzqTFNfeDnE This video talks about the description of God--I really love it. I always listen to it over and over again when I'm having a bad day and need to be reminded WHO God is and what life is really about--bringing God glory.
Currently, I feel rather disappointed in myself--like I failed God again. But it was re-assuring to re-read today about his character and to remind myself that He knows all my inward thoughts, my faults, my good and bad motives, my failings, my hurt, my loss, my dreams, my wounds--He knows all about me--and still loves me immeasurably! That's my King! I will serve Him gladly.
No comments:
Post a Comment