Wednesday, February 27, 2013
"I prayed that God would take me out on a limb with Him so that I would grow to love and depend on Him, but then I felt like the limb was too small."
Isn't this the way it always is? We pray for God to put us in that vulnerable position where we can see Him best, but when we are in between a rock and a hard place or on a limb that looks like it could break any second then we begin to grumble and complain about our situation. The little kids at church have been learning about The Exodus and all of the miracles that God performed for the Israelites in Egypt and then in the wilderness. Their childlike faith is beautiful. I love seeing their faces light up when we tell them about how God provides, loves, delivers, and is the God of miracles. It has challenged me though to think about how I respond to Him. Have I grown so accustomed to the stories of His deeds in the past that I fail to see their true magnitude and to pray/look expectantly for miracles of equal magnitude today?
I believe that God is leading me to "21 Days of Miracles" to transform my mind and heart. Each day I am going to read and meditate about a miracle that God did for His people. I'm going to combine prayer into this study so that I will not only see how He has worked in the past and have my faith strengthened, but also link it with my current needs and His future provision.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment